Number of Servings: 6
Preparation time: 2 hours
Energy: 340 kcal
Protein: 12 g
Calcium: 186 mg
Vitamin D: 0.01 IU
% Ca of recommended daily intake: 18.60%
- 60 g sliced unsalted almonds
- 1 large onion, diced
- 120 g sliced mushrooms
- 700 mL milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp powdered ginger
- 450 g unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 80 g cooked skinless chicken, cubed
- 600 g cooked rice
- Parsley as garnish
- Brown almonds in a non-stick frying pan.
- Remove almonds and cook onions until tender (Add a little water to the pan if necessary).
- To onion add 600 mL of the milk, mushrooms, salt, pepper ginger and pineapple.
- Stir over medium heat until hot. Add corn-starch to reserved milk and blend.
- Add chicken, almonds and corn-starch mixture to sauce and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil I minute. Serve over the cooked rice.