Salmon Sushi Balls
This month's recipe is from our friends Ash and Kat from Body Fusion Nutrition & Dietetics.
These innovative sushi balls are high in protein, fibre and omega-3. Add some nori and you’ve got some iodine helping your thyroid to work even more efficiently! This meal is a perfectly balanced dinner, which would go very well with a delicious side salad.
· 1x250g packet of microwaveable brown rice
· 1 nori sheet finely shredded
· 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
· 1 tsp. of mild horseradish
· ¼ cup of fat free mayonnaise
· ½ a carrot grated
· 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
· 210g can of red salmon
1. Cook brown rice following instructions on packet
2. Drain can of salmon
3. Add all ingredients except for the sesame seeds into a bowl and mix evenly
4. Make ingredients into small balls
5. Roll in sesame seeds
6. Serve with a side salad (Asian orientated would be very fitting) to bulk up the meal and get even more vegetables into you!
A bit about Body Fusion:
Body Fusion is a private Sydney based Nutrition and Dietetic practice run by Ashleigh Brunner (owner) B.Sci (Nutrition) (Hons), B.App.Sci (Exercise and Sports Science) and Katrina Mills B.Sci (Physiology), Masters of Nutrition & Dietetics. Ashleigh is an experienced Dietitian who specialises in a wide spectrum of diet related issues for all ages, from children through to adults. Ashleigh also holds a Certificate III and IV (Personal Trainer) in Fitness and has taught students at the Australian Institute of Fitness and Australian College of Physical Education. Katrina is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian & nutritionist who helps clients realise their health goals through nutrition, assisting to improve their relationship with food.
Body Fusion has three clinic locations in Sydney - the main office in Lane Cove, as well as Rozelle and Oatley.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.bodyfusion.com.au
Lane Cove 0410 533 213 Rozelle 0426 500 251 Oatley 0410 533 213