Although the benefits of exercise during pregnancy are numerous and well documented, for a lot of women, there is still an underlying fear of hurting yourself or your unborn baby.
Are you the motivated and dynamic receptionist we have been looking for?
You are a fun, personable, outgoing person and have a desire to excel in a team environment as our receptionist for a busy allied health clinic. You’re always looking to develop your administrative skills and work alongside other team members to drive our business forward. You will be the first point of contact for both our team and clients and you can communicate effectively to ensure the smooth running of the clinic.
Things are about to change, read on to hear how:
You’ll be our future Receptionist and Client Experience Officer and take pride in your work.
You’ll have great people skills, fantastic communication and enjoy working as part of a dynamic team, and having a laugh and banter in our vibrant culture.
Contributing to our systems and processes to ensure the smooth running of the clinic will be a priority of yours! You want the opportunity to become more than just a standard team member because you know that you are able to deliver so much more. You get a kick out of planning and organizing our team. You also have a bit of a creative flair and are keen to work with our Director, Anna, on certain Marketing projects.
Connecting with people comes naturally. You're a people person. A happy type and a true master who sets the bar high for yourself and our brand!
We are looking for a part time or full time receptionist and having someone invested in our business and brand. You have an interest in excelling to support our team and clients in achieving their daily dose of movement.
We are a fresh, bright, and progressive Allied Health Clinic known for having our clients at the centre of our care and delivering excellent client outcomes in a fun and friendly environment. We pride ourselves in having a multi-disciplinary approach to healthcare and have a strong referral network of like-minded professionals that we work with.
Our vision is to create a space where movement is medicine and we are creating opportunities for our community to achieve their daily dose. Our practitioners are striving towards being leaders in their fields and through education, empowering our clients and community we aim to lead people on a journey to bring balance to their body through movement.
Our values include:
· Balance: supporting strengths and weaknesses within the team. Ensuring personal balance so we can be effective and our best for the team and clients
· Professional: Physical presentation and respecting professional boundaries of team, our clients and larger health and medical network.
· Fun: Building rapport and community in a creative way to ensure enjoyment at work and pride in what you do
· Curiosity: Always learning and having a growth mindset
· Consistency: in the services and tasks completed day to day
· Empathy: ensuring our clients and team are heard and stories are respected
· Communication: constant and clear communication
We have four different locations:
· Cremorne (where this reception role will be based): Our Allied Health Clinic. Includes Gym and practitioner rooms. We have a team of Exercise Physiologists, Physiotherapists, Dietitians and massage therapist.
· Darlinghurst: within the Wellness Centre at the Kinghorn Cancer Centre. We work alongside oncologists and other allied health who specialize in oncology.
· Rozelle: within a GP Practice where we work alongside GPs, Allied Health and Psychologists.
· Wahroonga: within the San Integrative Cancer Centre.
We provide a variety of Exercise Physiology services from individual consults to group classes to education programs. We see a range of clients for chronic disease management, diabetes management, exercise oncology programs, women’s health, mental health, musculoskeletal rehab, Pilates and our specially designed RunStrong Program.
RECEPTIONIST & CLIENT EXPERIENCE OFFICER
Duties, Responsibilities and Obligations
As the clinic receptionist you will have a primary role of “first contact” and it will be your duty to welcome and introduce clients to the clinic and assist in the administrative function of their visits. Your role will be to support the practitioners by managing clients whilst they are in the reception area to ensure the smooth running of the practice. As we are across 4 locations your role will also involve administrative support to our Darlinghurst, Rozelle and Wahroonga practices.
Your activities will focus on the day-to-day clerical/administration duties as outlined in the duties and responsibilities section below with the aim to enhance the image of the clinic by communicating effectively with clients and team members in a clear and positive manner. Your communication skills are to be used to meet the needs of clients both before and after each consultation in such a way as to maximize the client’s positive impression of their first and subsequent visits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary clerical/administration tasks will include:
Welcoming clients to the clinic
Answering phones, handling new enquiries and booking appointments
Managing group exercise timetable, bookings and class pass payments
Managing Cliniko and TM2 practice management system
Ensuring patients’ details are correctly recorded on Cliniko and TM2 and all patients have completed their registration and clinic consent form
Accept payment and issue receipts using the Cliniko or TM2 practice system
Typing letters/reports and assisting with routine correspondence, this includes email. Your role is to ensure timely response to incoming/outgoing correspondence so that letters and reports etc. are sent promptly and to ensure correspondence is appropriately acknowledged and filed correctly
Maintain clear communication pathways for all members of the team including contractors (Physiotherapists, Massage Therapist, Dietitian) by managing the messages book and acting as the main ‘hub for communication
From time to time you may be asked as your role as the receptionist to provide assistance in some of the following activities and functions:
· To actively participate in regular team meetings to contribute to the team environment and provide open communication and feedback to ensure difficulties are resolved promptly.
· To support marketing activities as required by assisting with testing/measuring, mail outs, providing feedback/suggestions, etc. Assist with running of social media campaigns.
· To maintain overall appearance of the clinic by ensuring a high standard of cleanliness by taking appropriate action if there is any mess or spillage and inform the practice principal of situations requiring additional action.
· To notify the practice principal and therapy staff of any potential emergency and safety issues.
An essential part of your role is to act as the clinics communication hub, all communications will flow through you and it is essential that you maintain clear pathways of communication with all team members, both in receiving messages and instructions as well as disseminating any information to the team and to clients.
Effective communication between the admin staff, clinical staff of exercise physiologists, contractors such as the Massage Therapist or Physiotherapist or Dietitian and more importantly liaising between clients is a key and essential function of your role.
· Verbal messages
· Messages noted in the reception message book
· Telephone messages
· Communication via email
· Written correspondence
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Training will be provided to you on operating the Cliniko and TM2 practice management system which is used for all patient booking functions, invoices and payments, data collection of clients and main referrers, dealing with Third Parties & Insurance Schemes and managing individual patient files.
Training on Cliniko and TM2 will assist you in performing the above mentioned work tasks and responsibilities. Additional and separate training will be provided with respect to the practice policies and procedures. It is also encouraged that you update your knowledge in relevant computer related skills, any assistance in such training will be provided where possible.
Training with regards to use of marketing tools such as Canva, MailChimp and social media will be provided as your role will involve assisting with these tasks.
You will report directly to the Director of Balanced Bodies Lifestyle Clinic (Anna-Louise Moule), however at times in her absence you will liaise on clinic matters with the most Senior Exercise Physiologist or Admin team member designated at the time.
Tell us why this job is for you! In your cover letter please specify whether you are interested in a part time our full time role.
Simply email your interest with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call Anna on 0419 287 631
Walking speed in people with Parkinson’s disease is related to muscle strength in the legs, so it is important to start with an exercise program that aims to increase leg strength. Resistance training will help to increase muscle mass in the legs and also improve stride length, walking speed and distance.